Miyerkules, Hulyo 30, 2014

Some Lessons Learned

Last month was my birthday. I am now 37. Man, I'm old but still not mature enough. I picked up some lessons here and there through the years. Here they are:

"Just because you like someone doesn't mean she'll like you back." It took me a long, long time to realize this. I always liked girls who are way out of my league. I’ll have a crush on the most beautiful, popular girl in school. Then I’ll give it all. I mistake a “crush” for “love”. So when things don’t turn out as I want them to, I am the one who’s “crushed”. It truly hurts. Now I know more.

"Life is unfair." I always thought it was unfair when I failed out of my school from prep to second year high school. I mean I was only a kid back then. The new principal at that time should have given me some slack. But no, he didn't allow me to return the following year. I always thought this started a chain of events that led to me screwing up in my studies. But it's all in the past now. I did graduate despite that. And besides, things would have been different if that event didn't happen. I wouldn't have met new and good friends.

"Shit happens." Unpleasant events happen. Just like me failing out. These are things that happen in life. Things beyond our control, like the weather, calamities, what people think, and a whole lot of other things. So, there's really no point stressing over them.

"You can't have everything you want." I couldn't seem to find the perfect house, the perfect neighborhood, the perfect place for me. I guess the trick here is to be content with what you have, of where you are. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". Just make the most of what you have and be happy where you are.

"You can't please everyone." An internet meme says, "No Matter How Good A Person You Are There Will Always Be Someone Criticizing You". True. So the best way is to always do the right thing.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento